eBay Accounts / Buying and Selling on eBay
eBay.com is an auction web site with eBay accounts providing a means to buy and sell almost any item via the web. Payments may be made by check, credit card or via a PayPal account. eBay lists over 25,000,000 items with over 50,000 categories from collectible stamps to luxury SUVs.
Frequently Asked Questions about buying and selling on eBay.com and how to open eBay buyer accounts and eBay Stores.
Do I need a eBay account to purchase on item?
Yes, you need an account to buy or sell on eBay.
Do I need separate accounts to buy and sell on eBay?
No, you are able to buy and sell at auction from the same eBay account. You may also add an eBay store to your account.
Does eBay charge an account setup fee?
There is no charge to initiate an eBay account, however, there are fees associated with listing (selling) items on eBay.
Does eBay charge a monthly fee?
There are no monthly fees required to keep your eBay account active, unless you are a seller and are paying monthly for an eBay store.
Will eBay charge a fee when I purchase with my eBay account?
No, eBay.com does not charge fees to the purchaser.You pay for the item, including sales tax and shipping where appropriate. The seller pays the listing and transaction fees.
Will I be charged a fee when I sell with my eBay account?
Yes, eBay.com charges the seller listing fees to list each item and transaction fees when each item is purchased.
Must I use my credit card when I purchase with my eBay account?
Not always. You may also use your PayPal account, or send a check or money order for some purchases. It is up to each seller to specify which forms of payment they accept.
How to open my eBay Buyer / Seller account?
- Click on this Register Now link.
- Input the requested information.
- Click the "continue" button.
- Input a User ID and Password.
- Submit your registration information.
- You will receive a verification email from eBay with additional instructions.
Opening My eBay Store
How to open my eBay store?
If you are not an eBay registered user:
- Click the "Register" link or button.
- Enter the requested information and follow the instructions.
If you are already an eBay.com registered user:
- Click the "Open a Store" link or button.
- Enter your eBay User ID and Password and click the "Sign in Securely>" button.
- Follow the instructions to open your eBay store.